Responsible travel is a commitment we have made at Beyond the Highway. At the core of our philosophy and beliefs about travel are responsibility and good stewardship. We are committed to these ideals by adhering to our responsible travel ethics. We strive to minimize our impact on the environment by treading lightly, while maximizing our contributions to local communities, and creating positive impacts on the people and places visited.
Traveling with a social and ecological consciousness is at the forefront of our business practices. Consideration to sustaining the natural and cultural wonders of the planet is of utmost importance, so that future generations will enjoy the same life-changing experiences we are able to share with you. Responsible travel is environmentally, socially, culturally and economically sustainable.
Our set of principles and best practices when traveling and experiencing nature include:
- Using reusable, compostable and recyclable materials
- Avoiding waste and the use of disposable items
- Conserving resources such as water and energy
- Recycling trash and eliminating litter
- Packing it out while exploring the backcountry
- Staying on existing trails and treading lightly
- Adhering to the ‘Leave No Trace’ ethics in nature
- Supporting local communities…eat, stay and shop locally
- Respecting different people, lands and cultures
In addition, we support the work of organizations such as: National Parks Conservation Association, The Wilderness Society, Colorado Canyons Association, New Mexico Wilderness Alliance, Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance, Colorado Environmental Coalition, Arizona Wilderness Coalition, Roaring Fork Conservancy, Conservation International, Leave No Trace, Sustainable Travel International, and many others.
Beyond the Highway ~ Jan@beyondthehighwaytours.com ~ (719) 201-1807